Hilarious sense of humor? Check! Love to party? Check! Amazing style? Check! Vanessa and Scott were right up our alley from the moment we met – nearly two years ago at a Starbucks just outside of Scottsdale, Arizona. Jo and I left that first meeting feeling super excited about these two! Fast forward several months and we met up at the amazing Firesky Resort in Scottsdale, and they decided to hire us. It was an exciting Sunday morning, filled with coffee and a box of donuts that Vanessa and Scott brought along. *Note to future clients: Donuts. Always donuts! We walked around the venue, took mental notes, and really went into detail with Vanessa and Scott about their vision for their wedding day.
Almost a year to the day later, we were back in Scottsdale for the big day! The venue looked incredible, rich with up-lighting, enough electronics to stock a Best Buy, and a beautiful Arizona spring day. Vanessa looked stunning in her gown, and Scott, not to be outdone, had a great looking custom suit! Their friends were so warm, and everyone treated us like part of the gang, even some of the bridesmaids forced me (ok, maybe not forced) to slam some Fireball Whiskey shots (picture below).
The day was a huge success, the wedding was perfect, and we were able to really capture some great moments and fun, trick portraits with our MagMod gels and grids.
Cheers to you both, and thank you for having us there to document your special day!
Special thanks to the people that we worked alongside the day of:
- Coordinator: Lisa Klarich at Aurora Event and Design for the brilliant job coordinating the weddin
- Resort: The staff at Firesky Resort Scottsdale for the amazing venue and food
- Lighting: Jody at Latest Craze Productions
- Videographers: Molly and Luke of Love Story Films for being wonderful videographers
- Photobooth: Mike with Snapbooth
- Floral/Tabletops: Table Tops Etc.
- Cake: Amy at Piece of Cake
- DJ: Jeremy Fredenberg